Thursday, February 15, 2007

All Over the Charts

There hasn't been much good news these past couple of days. Yesterday, Mom's potassium level spiked for some unknown reason.
Believe me, you don't want to know what they have to do to lower that.
Because of the treatment, Mom couldn't eat, which weakened her even further. My heart sank when I saw her last night.
This morning wasn't much better news. Although the treatment worked to get her potassium levels down, her blood count was also down this morning and so they're going to have to give her some blood.
I discussed with the doctor giving her nutrients via I.V. and her lungs aren't even strong enough for that.
And so we go on with another day. Me worrying and trying to get some work done and her hopefully, continuing the fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home