Friday, February 09, 2007

Into the Hospital Again

Why is it when you call an ambulance, the fire department comes to? I told them it was a non-life threatening emergency and that we just needed to get Mom out of the house and back to the hospital. Yet, the fire department are the ones who showed first - all seven of them from a huge ladder truck. And then the ambulance arrived with five more people.
It was quite a party in my small house.
After five hours of treatment in emergency, a bed finally came open in the hospital and she was admitted.
Her feet look no better and her breathing was shallow and weak.
Instead of bringing her broth for dinner, she got the regular menu, baked chicken, which she could not eat. I reminded the nurse before I left that she needed to try to get Mom some kind of protein.
I finally had to leave her in the care of the professionals and come home and get some work done myself.
Another long day and it's time to get up and start all over again.
The doctor will be there by 8 and I need to be there to talk to him and figure out the game plan. I don't want anyone calling me telling me we have four hours to prepare for a move to a nursing home. While I'm not expecting her to be released before Monday, I learned last time that although I thought I was being pretty hands on, it wasn't hands on enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home